What should I do when my Columbus home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your home – and your family members – against the many risks you may encounter, like theft, fire, and flooding. Although your home may be ready, that doesn’t mean you are. Do you know what to do if your Columbus home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be shocking, bewildering, and might cause panic. Your best option is to stay level-headed and abide by these straightforward guidelines.
Steps to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Columbus Sounds
It’s a circumstance nobody wants to be in, but it’s also why you ordered a home alarm system in the first place. You’re awakened in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after one of your sensors has been activated. Now what are you going to do?
- Try not to panic. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your pulse is pounding. But staying calm is the best way to assess what is happening. Avoid the urge of trying to handle the emergency on your own and let your monitoring experts and first responders carry out their job.
- Protect your family members. Your primary concern should be your loved ones and moving them to safety. In the case of a break-in, this might include proceeding to an appointed safe room as far from entry points as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm may have scared off the invader, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or a fire, please exit your house immediately.
- Remember your smartphone. These days, almost all individuals take their smartphones at all times, but you may neglect to grab it during an urgent situation. Try to remember it. You’ll be able to keep in contact with your monitoring experts and obtain alerts through your home security app.
Connect With Your 24-hour Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Columbus goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring professionals will spring to action. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that includes reaching out to you. The procedure they abide by is based on the type of emergency. To illustrate, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are deployed. If you have a burglary alarm - the most common sort of alarm - a monitoring professional will abide by these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you using the touchscreen interface. You will generally be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt isn’t successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, local law enforcement officers are sent.
- Your monitoring professionals will follow up with you again after authorities are alerted.
If you're not able to interact with the monitoring team, don’t fret. Support will still be sent even if you're unable to substantiate the emergency.
Prepare for any situation with a Vivint home alarm system in Columbus
Stay ready for any emergency with a state-of-the-art home alarm system in Columbus from Vivint. Dial (706) 770-6611 to start the customization of your property’s protection today.