Ways to cut down on false alarms in Columbus
False alarms can be an actual concern for a home security system. Not only can they decrease the faith you have in your alarms, but they may be a burden on your time and pocketbook. Thankfully, you may do some things to reduce false alarms from your Columbus security system.
As the first step, ensure that all components are installed as intended. This will probably sound like an obvious course of action, but it frequently happens that overlooked user errors trigger false alarms. Secondly, check out likely culprits of false alarms, like windows and doors that might be kept open inadvertently. And of course, feel free to integrate the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Columbus.
Is it really that easy? Keep reading to find out.
Can you side step false alarms in Columbus?
Just like you would address any concern, the first thing to do is reference the manual. Be certain that all devices are installed appropriately from your end by:
- Performing a system analysis through your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each sensor to be certain it didn't slip or need a new battery.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your alarms aren’t activating at inopportune times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are installed correctly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Call your customer service representative if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Columbus home. They'll be happy to schedule a trained expert to examine your system.
Check your entry points
In the event your system appears to be alright, the subsequent step is to do an investigation of the house. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few accidentally open? If an access point stays open, it might trigger a motion sensor. In the event your household consistently neglects to close an entrance, you could install a smart locking mechanism that secures automatically when your system is engaged. Regrettably, windows require additional physical effort, mainly if you have a family member who likes to sleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it simple to deactivate that sensor while still guarding the remainder of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Columbus
One of the most effective methods to lessen the probability of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your Vivint app, you can:
- Program a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms that result from accidentally unlocking doors or windows. You can then program the alarm to automatically set again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system disengage as your smart locking mechanism is initiated with the proper number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm as you leave the premises, then turn off when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile updates when your components sense unusual activity or require a new battery.
- Link your system to a smart home speaker, so you are able to operate your system without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Columbus with a Vivint smart home installation
Greater authority over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint smart home, contact (706) 770-6611 or submit the form below.