How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Columbus smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into one unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in full command of your Columbus home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it will help you and explore recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Columbus help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may arm or disarm your system, control lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to visitors on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote access and control with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the functions you can perform:
- Review current or saved video from your linked security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your smart thermostat settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbus by programming schedules or creating rules. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust every night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock whenever the fire alarm trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in your home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by adhering to the steps above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Columbus
Even though various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are steps to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then establish a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, just go to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security through an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Columbus security system. Contact (706) 770-6611 to learn more.