Online purchasing and daily shipments have become commonplace for countless homeowners. You enjoy the convenience of having goods dropped at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in plain sight are enticements to potential crooks. Porch piracy is a serious concern, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are fantastic tools to dissuade opportunistic thieves, but they do so much more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be an essential part of your smart home.
Benefits of a Columbus video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, speak to people on your porch, and get instant notifications whenever an item is dropped off.
The easiest way to find out how a Columbus video doorbell camera works is to explore the various benefits it offers. Take a look at the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading burglary with warning lights and audible alarms. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and packages on the ground. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision give you a complete perspective.
- Crystal-clear images at any hour: What’s the point of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and challenging to see? Leading models will include incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You are able to get instant alerts from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and packages.
- Converse with the person at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Two-way audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You can even take advantage of this handy feature to frighten off people hanging around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to see live and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you can interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s happening, and even allow you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These components have turned into must-haves in terms of safety and convenience.